|Not the best photo, but still super yummy!|
• 5 cloves garlic
• 3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
• 1 head of cauliflower, roughly chopped
• 1 sweet potato
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 Tablespoon butter
• 1 Tablespoon heavy cream (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400ºF. Create a small nest for the garlic cloves out of aluminum foil and cover them about halfway with the olive oil. Place in a glass baking dish to prevent the oil from leaking in the oven. Poke the sweet potato a few times with a fork and place in the baking dish next to the garlic.
2. Roast the garlic and sweet potato for about 30 minutes, then remove the garlic and turn the sweet potato over. Continue cooking the sweet potato for about 20-30 more minutes or until tender.
3. In the meantime, steam the cauliflower in a pot or saucepan filled with about a half inch of water using a steamer basket. Allow the cauliflower and the sweet potato to cool slightly, then scoop the sweet potato out of its skin, and add both the cauliflower and the sweet potato along with the garlic, garlic powder and salt to a food processor. Purée until it has reached your desired consistency, then add it to a saucepan and set it to low heat. Add the butter (and heavy cream if desired) and stir until combined and heated through, then remove from heat.
What is your favorite way to eat cauliflower?